Call for applications to participate in the study session ‘Play your part! – Strengthening urban and rural youth participation’ organised by partners of Federation of Youth Clubs of Armenia, ECYC and Rural Youth Europe is now open!
The study session is taking place at the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary, from the 16th until the 23rd of September 2018.
The aim of the study session is to empower both urban and rural youth to strengthen youth participation in their communities. Its main objectives are to:
- explore different forms, strengths and obstacles of youth participation in rural and urban areas, and identify the background of the differences
- share experiences and good practice regarding how to overcome barriers of youth participation
- define the preconditions for youth participation and to assess the capacities rural and urban youth have for participation
- explore the Revised European Charter of the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life within the Human Rights framework defined by Council of Europe and how they can be used to promote youth participation
- plan concrete actions for enhancing youth participation and removing barriers for participation of rural and urban youth
- promote the importance of targeting a diversity of young people, including young people from disadvantaged backgrounds (e.g. through the Council of Europe “Enter” recommendations)
At the end of the study session, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
We are looking for participants who are:
· Active in their sending organisations but do not necessarily possess a leadership role or have a long experience in youth work,
· interested in working on the study session's aim and objectives,
· motivated to develop your knowledge and skills and to share your experiences with other participants,
· at least 18 years of age, applicants under 30 years old are given priority
· able to communicate in English
· able to attend for the full duration of the course.
If you think, you fit all of the points mentioned above, feel free to apply! To apply, candidates must send their personal information and motivation letter answering to "What is your personal motivation to attend this study session?" question to firstname.lastname@example.org email address until the 15th of June.