This training course is substantially focused on the self-discovery and personal development of the participants, which is strongly interlinked with their professional development in this field. It is designed in a way to give the participants an opportunity to develop their competencies in using an innovative and creative methodology to be applied for the inclusion of vulnerable groups in society.
The gained methodology of expressive arts, performative arts, and improvisation techniques is expected to be used by participants in their daily work with youth facing different life situations. All activities to be implemented during the project aim at enhancing understanding, inclusion and creating a non-violent approach in their communities. Working with the proposed methodology will make the dialogue between a youth worker and local youth more clear and will help to disadvantaged youth express their fillings and inner fears. With the help of proposed methods, youth workers will improve the life quality of their target groups even using it during everyday consultations, local events for different age groups of participants.
The specific objectives of the training course are as follows:
- to provide participants with knowledge about art therapy methods and its possible benefits for youth work, especially in the context of working with young people at risk of exclusion,
- to equip youth workers with new skills to promote inclusion in their respective local communities,
- to create a platform of self-exploration and self-reflection to better understand the needs of disadvantaged youth,
- to create a platform for intercultural communication and inclusive dialogue,
- to develop follow-up projects taking into account the skills and knowledge gained during the project to enhance collaboration between partners,
- to facilitate the after-project partnership between participants and reinforce their international scope and capacities.
Language of the training course is communicative English.
Age: 18-30 years old
Where: Wroclaw, Poland
When: 15-22 May 2020
Applications are open till 27.02.2020
If you are interested in participation, fill in this form: https://forms.gle/xKZnsw2Ry4V9uKF27
ONLY successful applicants will be contacted, so please, do not expect a rejection email, if you haven't been notified till 29th February.